Sunday, April 3, 2011

Being a Parent

Captain's Log...

This parent business in no joke.  My boys turned six months old a few days before my 26th birthday which was on March 25th.  I will have to say being the father to Julian and Leon has been pure joy.  The most difficult thing i'd have to say is viewing the world for what it is and worrying about what it will be when my boys are ready to live in it.  I've lived my entire life in Utah, and I wouldn't change it - it's all I have known.  When I travel for work out to other states it's sort of like seeing the future.  Higher population, under developed neighborhoods and generally just "harder." 

I have talked with Diana at great length about a 5 year, now 4 year goal to get moved out of West Jordan and back over to the area we grew up in.  Recently, I was informed that the neighborhood I grew up in is no longer the pleasant place it was about fifteen years ago.  So now the challenge is truly raised, I will need to start and finish college in the next four years.  I will need to land a job that will allow me to move my family to a desirable neighborhood.

I need to go visit with a academic advisor asap.  I'm very thankful I have a good job/career.  I need to get uncomfortable for my family though and really push the limits of what I can do.  Time to break the routine and take it up a knotch.

Love my wife, love my boys - i'll work harder than I ever have in my life for them.

Signing Out